Martin Francis

Blog (hosted for free at Google)

Martin Francis - Web designer in Bristol


Thursday 1 April 2010

How do you know if your web designer has done a good job?

Or how do you know if your mechanic has done a good job on your car?

You get a second opinion.

One place to get a second opinion is with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Markup Validation Service.
This will check for errors in your website's code.

Go to W3C validation Service

Just like your car, your website can look fine, but how much trouble are you storing for yourself if it's not done right?
And did you really get value for money if what was done was full of errors?

I have blogged about standards and accessibility before but alot of people are really interested in how well their website code is read by search engines such as google.

I was asked to code a re-design of the home page for social networking site All Join On.com but before I could start work I actually ended up spending a day correcting the errors made previously by professional web designers.

It makes it far easier for me now to code the re-design knowing that the existing design works properly. If there is an error in any of the new code that I add I can find it quickly rather than it being buried amongst 200 other errors.

More details of this work is on my website.

1 comment:

  1. Good information
    Apponix Technologies
    https://www.apponix.com/web/index.html

    ReplyDelete